Terms & Conditions
Loventine currently makes services, products and features available through our Sites, applications, which include mobile applications and applications available on social networking sites and other platforms, and our downloadable products (the "Services").
We are constantly updating, modifying and improving the Services to reflect new technologies and the way our Service are used by our users. Our Services are inherently innovative and you acknowledge that they will change over time and that certain features or portions of the Services may be modified, suspended or discontinued without liability to you. This Agreement will apply to all additional or modified Services unless otherwise indicated.
Your use of certain Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, and such terms and conditions will be either listed in this Agreement, or will be presented or accessible to you by Loventine when you sign up to use, or use, such Services ("Additional Terms"). All such Additional Terms are a part of this Agreement unless those terms say otherwise.
This Agreement does not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Loventine for any products or services not covered by this Agreement.
All visitors to or users of our Sites or Services, whether registered or not, are "users" of the Services for purposes of this Agreement. If you register for the Services by creating an account, you become a "Member".
Loventine may change the terms of this Agreement and any policy or guideline of the Services at any time. When we change the Agreement, we will update the “last revised” date at the top of this page.
Because the Services are provided electronically, you agree that Loventine will provide important information electronically if you use the Services. You agree to being provided with this Agreement, notices, disclosures, information, policies and other materials in electronic form (collectively "Electronic Records"), rather than in paper form. Your agreement to receive Electronic Records applies to all notices, disclosures, documents, records or other materials that Loventine may be required to provide to you.
Electronic Records will be provided on our Sites and Services or sent to the email address associated with your account.
You may withdraw your consent to receive Electronic Records by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. However, the Services provided by Loventine are only available if you agree to receive Electronic Records. If you withdraw your consent your account will be deactivated.
By accessing or using the Services, you agree that you:
- are at least 18 years old;
- have never been convicted of any criminal offense characterized as a sexual offense;
- have not previously been suspended or removed from the Services;
- are entitled to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- are not a competitor of Loventine and are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with Loventine or other than for its intended purpose; and
- are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country which the United States has (i) embargoed, (ii) identified as a "Specially Designated National" or (iii) placed on the Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders.
Use of the services
You may only use the Services, including the posting of any content through the Services, in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable laws. You may not use the Services in countries where the Services are prohibited.
You will only create one unique profile for use of the Services. You will not include any telephone numbers, street addresses, URLs, multimedia, artworks downloaded from external sources, email addresses or any other contact information in your profile or in any other publicly viewable User Content (as defined in the next "User content") or other communications made in connection with your use of the Services. Additionally, you will not include your last name in your dating profile. You understand and agree that anyone may be able to view any information you choose to make publically available.
You understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password.
- immediately notify Loventine if you suspect any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security;
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session;
- not use the account, profile, username or password of any other user or Member; and
- use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Loventine is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the theft of your username or password. We recommend that you use a strong password for your account, never use the same password on multiple sites or services and change your password frequently.
You will only use the Services for personal use and you will not use them in connection with any commercial endeavors. You will not permit any other person to use the Services or otherwise transfer your right to use the Services to any other person.
Interactions with Other Users
You are responsible for your use of the Services. This includes all risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including dating. There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you.
Loventine is not responsible for the conduct of its users or their compatibility with you. You agree that Loventine is under no obligation to screen its users, inquire into the background of its users or attempt to verify information provided by its users. You agree that not all users are available for matching and that Loventine may create test profiles or accounts to monitor the operation of the Services.
You will take all necessary precautions when meeting other users, especially if you decide to meet in person.
These tips provide general advice aimed at engaging in safer dating practices, such as not providing your last name, home address, place of work, financial information (such as your credit card number or your bank account number) or other identifying information to other users and stopping all communications with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
You will treat all other users with dignity and respect and comply with our user conduct rules set forth in Section "User Conduct".
No Commercial Solicitation or Advertising
You will not engage in any advertising or solicitation to buy or sell any products or services through the use of the Services and you will not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam email to other users. Additionally, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
Loventine is not responsible for the conduct of its users, whether or not such conduct is in connection with the use of the Site or the Services.
You agree not to do any of the following in connection with the Services or the users thereof:
- use the Service in any unlawful manner or in a manner that is harmful to or violates the rights of others;
- engage in any unlawful, harassing, obscene, intimidating, threatening, predatory or stalking conduct;
- use the Services in any manner that could disrupt, damage, disable, overburden, impair or affect the performance of the Services or interfere with or attempt to interfere with any other user's use of the Services;
- impersonate any person or entity, or lie about your age, identity, affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- make any commercial use of the Services or promote or solicit involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect;
- defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the Services;
- disseminate another person's personal information without his or her permission, or collect or solicit another person's personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- solicit or engage in gambling or any similar activity or any illegal or unlawful activity;
- use any scripts, bots or other automated technology to scrape or access the Services;
- collect or solicit personal information about anyone under 18;
- use the Service for any phishing, trolling or similar activities;
- use the Service to redirect users to other sites or encourage users to visit other sites;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Services by electronic or other means or use the Services to send, either directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk e-mail or communications, unsolicited commercial e-mail or communications or other spamming or spamming activities;
- attempt to access any Services or area of the Sites that you are not permitted to access; or
- permit or allow other people or third parties to access and use the Services via your account.
If you wish to report any violation of this Agreement by others, including Members, you may do so by using the "Report This Profile" button or similar button or link on the Services or by contacting us here.
Verification and Enforcement
If Loventine carries out any investigation or any inquiry into your use of the Services, and Loventine requests certain information from you, you agree to provide to Loventine, upon request, complete, accurate and current information confirming your eligibility for use of the Services.
If you have violated the terms of this Agreement, misused the Services or behaved in a way that could be regarded as inappropriate or unlawful, Loventine may investigate, take appropriate legal action against you and/or terminate your account and cancel your subscription and/or membership.
Responsibility for User Content
You are responsible for the content and information that you publish, transmit, display or communicate to Loventine through the Services or to others (collectively referred to as a "post").
This includes messages, data, text, photos, video, music, graphics, links or other materials posted through chat messages, community pages, email messages, mobile messages, photos and profile information.
Your submissions and those of other users, collectively, are "User Content".
Loventine does not control and is not responsible for any User Content posted by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto.
Loventine is not responsible for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you encounter.
Accuracy of Information
You will not post any inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or false information or User Content to Loventine or to any other user.
You agree that all images posted to your dating profile are of you and were taken within the last 2 years and will update your dating profile accordingly.
You may be required to supply certain information and post a photo of yourself to use the Services.
No Duty to Review User Content
You agree that Loventine has no duty to prescreen, review, control, monitor or edit the User Content posted by users.
Loventine is not responsible for User Content that is provided by others.
You are responsible for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Services at your own cost and expense, and Loventine recommends that you do this.
License of User Content to Loventine
Loventine claims no ownership or control over your User Content, except where specifically provided for in this Agreement, on the Services or in a separate agreement.
However, you do give us certain rights in the User Content you upload.
You agree that Loventine may review, edit, refuse to accept or delete your User Content at any time to ensure compliance with this Agreement and all applicable policies, without notice. This includes Loventine’s right to modify, crop or “photoshop” any photos you submit to comply with Loventine’s policies, practices and procedures.
By submitting or posting User Content, you allow Loventine to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, modify and distribute your User Content on a worldwide basis.
You also allow Loventine to allow third parties to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, modify and distribute your User Content on a worldwide basis in connection with the use, promotion and operation of our Services.
You further agree that the User Content and the public posting and use of your User Content by Loventine will not infringe the rights of any third party or violate the terms of this Agreement.
You understand that you will not be entitled to any additional compensation for any use of your User Content.
Use of Proprietary Information of Others
You will not post, copy, create derivative works of or distribute any copyrighted or trademarked or proprietary material without the consent of the person who owns the material. This includes any User Content posted by other users that you share.
You will not post, copy or distribute any User Content that violates any third-party rights or any applicable law or is prohibited under this Agreement or any other Loventine policy governing your use of the Services ("Prohibited Content"). Prohibited Content includes without limitation User Content that:
- is obscene, pornographic, profane, defamatory, abusive, offensive, indecent, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, inflammatory, inaccurate, untruthful, fraudulent or illegal;
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to, or does, harass, or intimidate any other user or third party;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party, including User Content that contains others' copyrighted content (e.g., photos, images, music, movies, videos, etc.) without obtaining proper permission first;
- contains video, audio, photographs, or images of another person without his or her express written consent (or in the case of a minor, the minor's legal guardian) or otherwise violates anyone's right of privacy or publicity;
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs;
- violates someone's data privacy or data protection rights;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- contains any advertising, fundraising or promotional content; or
- is objectionable or restricts or inhibits any person from using or enjoying the Services or exposes Loventine or its users to harm or loss of any type.
You can submit questions, comments, feedback, suggestions, success stories, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information relating to Loventine and our Services (collectively, "Submissions").
Submissions are non-confidential and you give up any rights you may have in the Submissions when you communicate them with Loventine.
You agree that you will not be entitled to any additional compensation if Loventine uses any of your Submission in the Services or for any other reason.
Social Networking Sites
When you have enabled the use of our Services through a third-party social networking or similar site or mobile or other application (a "Social Networking Site"), such as Facebook, Google+ or Twitter, you permit Loventine to access certain information about you that is made available to Loventine through or from that Social Networking Site. The information obtained by Loventine varies by Social Networking Site and may be affected by the privacy settings you establish at that Social Networking Site, but can include information such as your name, profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age range or birthday, language, location, country, interests, contacts list, friends lists or followers and other information.
Your agreement to the foregoing takes place when you "accept" or "allow" or “go to” (or other similar terms) our application on a Social Networking Site or the transfer of information to Loventine from such site. If there is information about your “friends” or people you are associated with in your Social Networking Site account, the information we obtain about those persons may also depend on the privacy settings such people have with the applicable Social Networking Site.
You acknowledge and agree that Loventine is not responsible for, and has no control over, any applicable privacy settings on any Social Networking Sites (including any settings related to any messages or advertisements about Loventine that the Social Networking Site may send to you or your friends).
You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on Social Networking Sites before getting or using applications such as ours or linking or connecting your Social Networking Site account to the Services. You may also unlink your Social Networking Site account from the Services by adjusting your settings on the Social Networking Site.
- the collection of your personal information as described in the policy
- the processing of your personal information as described in the policy
- the sharing of personal information with third parties as in the policy;
- the storage and processing of your personal information in United States of America (and other countries outside of Europe where the laws may not offer the same level of protection to your personal information);
- the use of your personal information to send you Loventine emails, promotions and advertising; and
- the use of information identifying your exact location, when you have enabled features and functions of the Services that use your device’s location.
You agree that if:
- you post any content, information or material of a personal or private nature in your profile or in any public areas of Loventine, or
- post or provide to Loventine any information or content which is intended to be shared with other users,
- such content, information and materials will be shared with others accordingly, and you agree to the sharing of this content.
Intellectual Property Rights and Limited Licence
Except for your User Content, the Services and all materials displayed on it or contained in the Services, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, designs, illustrations, Loventine logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, information, data, other files and the arrangement thereof and User Content belonging to other users (the “Proprietary Materials”), and all intellectual property rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Loventine and its licensors (including other users who post User Content to the Service).
Except as permitted by this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in such intellectual property rights of Loventine or any third party.
You may access and use the Services and Proprietary Materials only in accordance with this Agreement and you may not allow other people to access and use the Services and Proprietary Materials.
You may not:
- copy, modify, publish, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, distribute, transmit, perform, display, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Proprietary Materials or the Services or cause others to do so;
- "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Services, without our prior written permission;
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Loventine or the Services in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose;
- resell or make any commercial use of the Services;
- use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods or otherwise collect any pictures, descriptions, data or other content from the Services;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Services;
- use any automated methods or processes to create user accounts or access the Services; or
- use the Proprietary Materials or the Services other than for their intended purpose.
Any use of the Services or Proprietary Materials other than as permitted by this Agreement and any Additional Terms, without the prior written consent of Loventine, is strictly prohibited.
Such unauthorized use will terminate the licenses granted by this Agreement.
Such unauthorized use may also violate certain laws.
Unless explicitly stated in this Agreement or any Additional Terms, nothing in this Agreement shall be interpreted as granting any license to intellectual property rights.
Intellectual Property Right Infringement Policy
If you become aware of any violation of any intellectual property laws (in particular in respect of User Content) you should report this to us, including your name and address, details of the location of the content in question and details of the unlawful nature of the activity or the content.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that anything on the sites infringes upon your copyrights, please contact us using the form in our contact us page.
"Loventine," Loventine's logos and any other trade name or slogan contained in the Services are trademarks or service marks of Loventine, its partners or its licensors and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Loventine or the applicable trademark holder.
In addition, the look and feel of the Services, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of Loventine and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Services are the property of their respective owners.
Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
You may create a text hyperlink to the Loventine websites for noncommercial purposes. This limited right may be revoked at any time.
You must ensure that this link does not portray Loventine or its Services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner.
The linking site must not be directed at children or contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
You may not use Loventine's logo or proprietary graphics to link to any Loventine website without our express written permission.
Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Loventine trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found in the Services, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained in the Services without Loventine's express written consent.
Loventine is not responsible for the quality, content, nature or reliability of third-party websites accessible by hyperlink from the Services.
Such sites are not under the control of Loventine and Loventine is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites.
Loventine provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by Loventine of any site or any information on such sites.
When you leave the Services, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Services.
Third Party Content
Loventine may provide third party content on the Services and may provide links to web pages and content of third parties (collectively, the "Third Party Content") as a service to those interested in this information.
Loventine does not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content.
Loventine is not responsible for Third Party Content, including its accuracy or completeness and Loventine does not review any Third Party Content.
Advertisers and Other Third Parties
The Services may contain advertisements and promotions from third parties or may otherwise provide information about or links to third party products or services.
Your dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions are between you and such third party.
Loventine is not responsible for, and does not endorse, any features, content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from third party sites.
Loventine is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as a result of the presence of such third party advertisers or third party information on the Services.
Although we attempt to provide our services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care, as set out in this clause there are certain things that we do not promise about our services.
Loventine does not make any promises about the sites and the services. We do not guarantee that the services will meet your requirements, be reliable or be available when you want to access the services.
Due to the inherent nature of software, the internet, telecommunications networks and websites, Loventine does not guarantee that the services will be available when you want to use them, error-free or that any communications made using the services or any information or content provided through the services will be secure.
Certain terms may be automatically included into this agreement by law. These terms relate to the quality of the service provided. To the extent that we are allowed do so by law, we exclude these terms from this agreement.
Loventine does not guarantee that the services are free of viruses and other harmful components and Loventine will not be responsible to you for any damage arising from any virus or other harmful component in any of the services.
Loventine does not have any obligation to verify the identity of or screen the persons subscribing to or using the services. Loventine does not have any obligation to monitor the use of the services by other users of the community. As such, Loventine will not be responsible for any damage you suffer as a result of your interactions with and the conduct of other users and for identity theft or any other misuse of your identity or information.
Because we cannot control the behaviour of our users and members Loventine does not:
- guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information on the services; or
- adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the conduct of any users or members or for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statements they make.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, (1) Loventine’s total responsibility for any and all claims you make under these terms (including implied terms) or related to the use of the services shall be limited to the amount you paid to us within the last 6 (six) months or $50 (fifty) us dollars, where no amount is paid to us and (2) Loventine will not be liable for any special, consequential or indirect damages, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits or loss of data.
In every case, Loventine will never be responsible for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, identity theft and/or any other damages resulting from communications, meetings or other interactions with other users of the services. This includes any claims, losses or damages arising from the conduct of users who have registered under false pretenses or who attempt to defraud or harm you.
Nothing in these terms or any additional terms limits your rights as a consumer, if such rights cannot be changed by these terms.
Unless otherwise provided, this Agreement is effective upon your first use of the Services and shall remain in effect until it is terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
Termination by Loventine
Loventine may suspend, deactivate or terminate your account and your right to use the Services and may block or prevent your access to and use of the Services at any time if you commit a breach the terms of this Agreement, in Loventine’s discretion. In particular and without limitation, if you breach the any of the clauses in this Agreement.
We may also terminate this Agreement by giving you notice.
We may remove or block access to your account information, User Content or data from our Services and any other records at any time in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
In the event that your access to any of the Services is terminated or suspended in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, you agree that all fees then paid to Loventine by you will be nonrefundable, except as otherwise provided by law. All decisions relating to refunds of the fees are at Loventine's discretion.
Termination by You
You may deactivate or terminate your account at any time, for any or no reason, by accessing the "My account" page of your account or by contacting us. Except as otherwise provided by law or under this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of the fees you have paid to Loventine. All decisions relating to refunds of the fees are at Loventine's discretion.
After your account is suspended, deactivated or terminated, all terms that by their nature may survive termination of this Agreement shall be deemed to survive such termination.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted in this Agreement, may not be transferred by you without Loventine’s consent, but may be transferred by Loventine without restriction.
Loventine intends to rely on the terms of this Agreement and the terms of any Additional Terms as setting out the written terms of our relationship with you unless we have both agreed to a separate written agreement between us that expressly governs over this Agreement.
If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or otherwise unenforceable, this shall not affect the rest of this Agreement or the Additional Terms.
Other than any entities that Loventine owns a 50% or greater interest in, or as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, there are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement and no third party who is not a party to this Agreement shall have any right to enforce any term of this Agreement.
If you do not comply with this Agreement and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean that we have given up any rights that we may take action in the future.
Language of the Agreement
The language of this Agreement is English.
Where Loventine has provided a translation of the English version of this Agreement, you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only and that the English language version of this Agreement will govern your relationship with Loventine.
If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of this Agreement says and what a translation says, then the English language version will take precedence.
Last Revised: February 12, 2014